Error 522 TroubleShooting

So i just got started with cloudflare. I successfully set up my domain, walkda.tk, however I get the 522 error. I tried looking at all possible causes. According to Cloudflare:

• (Most common cause) Cloudflare IP addresses are rate limited or blocked in .htaccess, iptables, or firewalls. Confirm your hosting provider allows Cloudflare IP addresses.
  • An overloaded or offline origin web server drops incoming requests.
  • Keepalives are disabled at the origin web server.
  • The origin IP address in your Cloudflare DNS app does not match the IP address currently provisioned to your origin web server by your hosting provider.
  • Packets were dropped at your origin web server.

Option 4 is definitely not the case. Option 2 is not the case. Im not too sure about option 1 and 3. I used freenom to get a domain. I’m not sure how to trouble shoot either of these problems within freenom. Can anyone help?

While you may have gotten your domain name from FreeNom, error 522 is an issue with your hosting provider, and that is not FreeNom. Your troubleshooting efforts should be focused on your origin server or hosting provider.

Was your site working before you added it to Cloudflare?

1 Like

No it didn’t. It said something about DNS problems. When I went to it after I got the confirmation email that my domain was running, it showed that error @michael

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.