Error 522 Ray ID: 58149b52ed85d21c • 2020-04-09 13:34:38 UTC Connection timed out

Hi,

My hosts recently moved my cPanel account between servers. My site (nottingham-wedding-photographer.com) is now giving me a 522 error. My hosts told me to clear the cache at Cloudflare’s end & that should fix the issue but it hasn’t.

Any help would be gratefully received right now.

Kind regards,

Gary

Hi @gary4,

The community don’t have access to your account to look into a request by RayID, however in general, a 522 error typically happens when Cloudflare requests to the origin (your webserver) get blocked. Review the suggestions in this Community Tip for troubleshooting ideas.

1 Like

Hi domjh,

My hosts say they are not blocking Cloudflare so Ive pulled a ticket.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Gary

Hi Guys, Ive just found out that my hosts have changed the ip of my site to: 185.20.50.222

Im thinking this could be my issue but Im failing to see how I would need to change this with cloudflare.

Thank you, Gary

If you go to the DNS app in your dashboard (https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns), do you see records pointing to your old IP? If so, you should update this to the new one provided by your host.

Thanks domjh,

I had a look and changed the IP in the dns app. I think I might have messed too much with the Proxy status over the last 48hrs and cant remember what the original settings were.

It’s becoming way too stressful so I might pull my site off my current hosts and start again with a new company.

Thank you mate.

No worries, do you have any @yourdomain.com email addresses? If you do, your settings look like they may need tweaking a bit, but other than that looks OK.

I dont, I use a different domain for my email.

so just purge the cache again?

What issue are you seeing now? Your site loads for me but has what looks like quite a bit of mixed content.

oh, Im still getting the 522 error and it wont load. Ive tried various devices and browsers.

It should be a wedding photographer site.

Oh… not helpful! Can you ask your host to explicitly whitelist traffic from the Cloudflare IPs - this often resolves a 522. They will say they are not blocking it, however some automated system may be rate limiting requests from a specific Cloudflare IP.

It should look like this:

thank you mate, your help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

1 Like

It sort of loaded for me before, but now I get the 522 as well.

No problem! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.