Error 522, problem caused by cloudflare

hello guys,

it’s been a 1year for me using cloudflare and today, just for no reason my website is not working anymore, they showed the following error 522.
They said that the initial connection between Cloudflare’s network and the origin web server timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

and concerning what to do part they asked me to contact my hosting provider letting them know my web server is not completing requests. An Error 522 means that the request was able to connect to my web server, but that the request didn’t finish. The most likely cause is that something on my server is hogging resources.

so i did what they asked, i contacted my hosting provider and they said this :
Now the server does not has any problems. Now this problem could be caused by Claudflare. Looks that your website is blocked by Cloudflare. I would recommend you to check your website’s and Claudflare configurations.

please guys if anyone from this community has faced this problem before, don’t hesitate to give me hand, i would really appreciate.

Thank you.

Hi @jaadani.more,

That sounds to me like your hosting provider is trying to pass the blame.

A 522 error typically happens when Cloudflare requests to the origin (your webserver) get blocked. Review the suggestions in this Community Tip for troubleshooting ideas.

Can you make sure that you have all the Cloudflare IPs whitelisted on the server (item 2 in the linked tip)?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.