Error 522 on Wordpress Multisite

I have been using Cloudflare for nearly 3 years to direct traffic to my sites. Recently, I have been getting a 522 error on one of my sites (allisonandoren.com), the error remains no matter what theme I activate or which plugins I deactivate. Meanwhile, orenstransitpage.com and orenhirsch dot com are humming along just fine. When I change my DNS settings so that the web traffic flows via Network Solutions (my previous registrar) or via Namecheap (my current registrar), everything works as it should. I have checked out every troubleshooting resource on the site and have yet to find something that solves my issue. I am debating whether I should just delete the site off Cloudflare and set it up again to see if that solves the issues. This has been going on for much of the past 3 weeks, and I’d like to get the issue resolved sooner rather than later.

Thank you!

5xx errors almost always are because the origin host is blocking or rate limiting Cloudflare. Have you asked your host if they’re seeing Cloudflare traffic blocked by the firewall or web server?

I’m on Bluehost, if all three sites are part of the same WP Multisite install, how would traffic get to two of the sites but not the third?

Is the problem site a higher traffic site? I just think Bluehost has something that’s triggering a block for that one domain.

Nope, it is not the highest traffic site of the three. I can reach out to Bluehost directly and see what is up, but since the sites all share an account at the Bluehost end, I can’t imagine any reason they’d block one and not the others.

The issue got resolved, turns out there was a typo in my DNS settings. Thanks for the tips though!

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.