Error 522 frequently when browsing wordpress

Hello,

I always get an error from Cloudflare with 522 when browsing WordPress. https://i.imgur.com/vnCtxDp.png
And not only in WordPress, sometimes when I click on certain images on the site, etc. Some images may not display correctly on the site and for this reason, I am not sure.

Can anyone give me some details or help me solve this problem?

Thanks!

More information about why this error appears and how to fix this issue could be found at the below article:

How about checking if Cloudflare is allowed to connect to your new VPS, in case any firewall settings/configuration changed? Kindly can you re-check if Cloudflare is allowed to connect to your origin host to as follows in the below article:

Nevertheless, Cloudflare IP addresses list can be found here:

Furthermore, may I ask before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

Also, may I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

1 Like

I had the HTTPS connection available from the hosting before I added the site to Cloudflare. And now in my Cloudflare account, the connection is “Full”.

Please change to Full (Strict)!

Ok, I selected Full (Strict) in Cloudflare. I also have an SSL certificate from the hosting company, I have it before I add the site in Cloudflare. I don’t know if it has anything to do with this. Now I’ll see if that problem comes up again.
Thanks!

Hello,

I set it to Full (Strict) but it seems that error still appears.

Maybe my shared hosting is not so good. I do not know what to believe.

EDIT: It may look like your issues started earlier. Could be unrelated.

This looks like a systematical failure from Cloudflare’s side. I have 5 locations that are all suddenly throwing 422’s at me every minute, using 10 second intervals to probe the pages I host.

Attaching a screenshot:

All the pages are behind cloudflare, and all of them started reporting issues shortly after 2 AM CEST.

I can’t see any system messages indicating it has been detected.

Hm, but could you check if the SSL certificate is still a valid or needs to be renewed?

Have you tried writing a ticket to your hosting provider in terms of if Cloudflare is allowed to connect, maybe something like firewall blocks the connection or requests comming from Cloudflare?

The hosting certificates are valid until January 27 and I understand that they are automatically updated. I contacted the hosting company several times and they told me that everything is fine with them. But nowadays they seem to have some DDOS attacks. I was unable to verify the data in cPanel and more. Sorry for the late response.

Full strict will have no impact on the 522 errors. And that article is questionable at best.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.