I run some WordPress websites on Google Cloud. For a few days now, I get Error 522 messages sometimes and every website is affected. Sometimes it’s loading really slow, sometimes it doesn’t load everything on the page, and sometimes I get the 522 error. I tried to replicate the error, but I cannot find a pattern.
What I have done so far:
- Web server is ok. CPU Usage <10%, Memory Usage <30%
- Error log is empty
- Let’s Encrypt certificate is valid and renewed
- Cloudflare IPv4 are whitelisted on GCP
- Purged cache on the websites and on Cloudflare
- When I disable Cloudflare proxy in DNS settings (gray cloud) everything works perfect and fast
- Server has an A+ rate on ssllabs.com without CF proxy
Here is one of the sites with Cloudflare proxy: https://www.two2go.ch (causing problems)
And here is one of the sites without Cloudflare proxy: https://www.katzensofa.blog (a business partner (from Germany) and I (from Spain) could not access this website this morning - blank screen on mobile (at my end) and loading forever - that’s why I disabled CF proxy).
Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this issue?
Thank you so much!
EDIT: Here is a screen recording when the error occurred: T2G E222 - YouTube