Error 521 webserver is down

Hi guys,

I’ve restarted my instance and now I cannot access the admin.website.com, receiving the 521 error.

I am kinda new on this and trying to read other similar topics but unfortunately don’t know how to act and I would require some help if possible.

I know that I have to:

Check your origin web server - how can I do that?

If you have just moved to Cloudflare and you are seeing a 521 over HTTPS, it is possible that your origin server has not been configured to allow port 443 be accessed by Cloudflare IPs* - Nope, it was working before reboot perfect

Make sure that you’re not blocking Cloudflare IPs in .htaccess, iptables , or your firewall - Where can I check that?

Thank you and stay safe! :slight_smile:

Try execute this command

curl https://www.yourwebsite.com --connect-to ::YOUR-ORIGIN-IP --dump-header - -o /dev/null --silent

Are you able to get any output?

1 Like

When you restart also make sure other packages also restart like Nginx or Apache but they automatically restart

Then check the status of nginx or Apache if it’s running or not

No output, nothing happens

restarted and running

Nginx and Apache are up and running, tried a DNS check and it’s up. Unfortunately I still receive the error

This could indicate that port 443 is not accessible from outside.

How to resolve this? Through
Cloudflare? My ubuntu instance?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.