Error 521 for WordPress Website

Hello! I know it seems like a lot of people are having the Error 521 issue and trying to determine why that is the case. Our website has over 20 users and is a WordPress platform. People are having issues when they login to our backend getting the Cloudflare page with Error 521. Most people are using the Chrome browser and trying to find a solution that will correct this. I would greatly appreciate the feedback and suggestions that could help to get this error to go away and allow people to use Chrome, Safari, or Firefox without getting Error 521 again. If there is something that needs to be adjusted inside of Cloudflare’s interface that would be great if someone could help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, the 521 error is passed from the origin server to Cloudflare and it means the origin is off line or otherwise not accepting traffic. Good suggestions, follow this link and look for the 521 Community Tip, https://community.cloudflare.com/search?q=521%20%23community%20tip. None of them involve adjusting any Cloudflare settings.

Can you share the name of the domain?

1 Like

My hosting company is saying it was related to Heartbeat Control and some WP-Cron jobs. Not sure what that all means but I followed their steps and the problem is still happening when any account trys to login. Not sure if you can offer any suggestions to try at this point and I would share the domain but would rather do it in private if possible.

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.