Error 521 and bluehost issue

I am a complete newbie when it comes to handling websites and this is why I could not understand the community tip error 521 article- Community Tip - Fixing Error 521: Web server is down - DNS & Network - Cloudflare Community

if someone is familiar with Bluehost and Cloudflare can you please help me out with this. My SSL is set on full and I have contacted bluehost support multiple times. They say it is a problem from cloudflare’s side and they told me to update my IP address to cloudflare. I didn’t know how to do it but what I have done for now is- I have added my IP address in the FIREWALL/TOOLS tab on cloudflare as a rule and action is selected as allow.

Is there anything I have to do next?. My website(www.theperfectadvise.com) has been down for 2 days now.

Hi @theperfectadvise,

This is something you will need to get Bluehost to look into, then. Cloudflare is unable to connect to your server, for some reason. Most likely Cloudflare’s IPs are being blocked or rate-limited.

1 Like

Hi there, thank you so much for replying @domjh . So remember I said I was a newbie. The dns record for my domain wasn’t pointing to my IP add. It worked as soon as I corrected that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.