I have a running website. When I am working on word press for my website, error 520 occured. I called my hosting company and they asked to contact Cloudflare. I need to add IP address in DNS A record. Guide me
Thank you for asking.
Regarding Cloudflare 520 error, may I ask what kind of suggested troubleshooting steps did you tried so far as stated from the article below?
May I ask if the rest of the domain is working ok?
Is this error on some particular request or plugin or WP admin?
May I ask if you can ask them if Cloudflare IPs are allowed at the origin host/server from them? Here is the article:
Nevertheless, Cloudflare IP addresses list can be found here:
Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?
Kindly, before doing anything at Cloudfalre settings, you could determine if you have a valid SSL certificate installed at the origin host/server by your web hosting provider or your own VPS/dedicated server following the steps from below:
- Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
- The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
- Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS.
- Check with your hosting provider / cPanel AutoSSL / ACME.sh / Certbot / Let’s Encrypt or some other and renew it accordingly.
- Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).
Could you also write back if your WordPress is configured with “home_url” and “site_url” in the “Options” and working fine over a HTTPS in a different Web browser just for testing purposes.
May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?
Here is a way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:
May I ask you to post and share your domain name in bracketed dot [.] notation here with us so we could double-check, troubleshoot and provide some feedback information?
Furthermore, the step-by-step instructions from below tutorials could help you to manage DNS at Cloudflare dashboard:
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.