Error 520 Ray ID: 508b5133f8c6dc37 • 2019-08-19 10:06:54 UTC

Hi
New to Cloudflare which we set up last week.

One page on out admin system returns a 502 error
Ray ID: 508b5133f8c6dc37 • 2019-08-19 10:06:54 UTC
There is nothing wrong with the severer, no error entries in any log. if i pause
Cloudflare then the page works perfectly. The server is dedicated server hosted by RackSpace.

Art the bottom of the error page it says to submit to the support team but it is not clear how to do that.

I should like to disable the whole admin sub folder from Cloudflare. I set up a rule to by pass caching for https://mysite/admin/* but this has had no effect whatsoever. Nor has turning off the “apps”

I should be grateful for any assistance

jc

Here is the full Community Tip on 502 errors:

It’s extremely rare to get the 502 error page with a Ray ID without anything showing up at your host. In such a situation, the 502 does come from your hosting, which is why Cloudflare showed the error. Sometimes it’s a firewall doing this.

But if you want to contact Support:
Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button.

Thanks

The problem seems to be that at the end of the update page the code redirects the browser back to the original page. This does not seem to be an unusual activity.

Outside of Cloudflre I get a 302 and then a 200 and the page is displayed correctly.
In Cloudflare I get a 520

Request URL: XXXXX/admin/product_page/edit/55059?
Request Method: POST
Status Code: 520
Remote Address: 104.26.1.13:443
Referrer Policy: no-referrer-when-downgrade
cache-control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
cf-ray: 509367b31890dc0b-LHR
content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 09:40:21 GMT
expect-ct: max-age=604800, report-uri=“https://report-uri.Cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct
expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:01 GMT
pragma: no-cache
server: Cloudflare
set-cookie: cf_use_ob=0; path=/; expires=Tue, 20-Aug-19 09:40:51 GMT

I have tried changing the response codes of the redirect to no avail.

I do not feel it is possible to change the admin system to remove the redirects as theya re used extensively.

So my question are.
a) is it possible to fix this without making extensive changes to the admi system
b) if not how can i remove the entire admin folder from Cloudflare. Currently I have a page rule for “…/admin/*” to bypass cache and disable apps but this does stop
the page caching.

Kind regards

jc

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.