Error 520 a day after adding SSL Certificate

So this is my first time making a website and i’ve pretty much learnt it all off youtube.
i installed SSL flexible and changed the settings to flexible yesterday.

Today my whole site (whatmodestwear.co.uk) is getting the Error 520.
i contacted GoDaddy, the first Agent told me to purge cache on Cloudflare which did not work. the second agent said that i need to contact Cloudflare as the firewall is blocking the site from being live. not sure what any of this means.

can anyone help me out? i submitted a ticket but i fear i’ll be waiting forever for a response.

thanks

Kindly, may I ask if you have already checked the steps from the below article regarding your 520 error issue?:

By using Flexible SSL, does it mean you do not have an SSL certificate installed at your host/origin server for your root domain whatmodestwaer.co.uk (including sub-domains like www.whatmodestwear.co.uk, yoursub.whatmodestwear.co.uk, etc.)?

Here is a great explanation why Flexible SSL is not a good option to choose.

Could you check with your web hosting provider if Cloudflare is allowed to connect to your host/origin (domain)?
If not, then below articles should help you:

Maybe your web application uses some other port than compatible ones with Cloudflare following the list below?:

Do you use any CMS like WordPress?
Have you got CNAME or A records for your domain pointed to your origin/host IP address at Cloudflare dashboard?
Have you checked your web server log files and firewall?

I am not sure about it as from above, 520 error is known to be an issue at a web server, rather than the Cloudflare security and protection options and Firewall options which can be used to block bad traffic, bots, etc.

I have tested again, and I can confirm your website is working fine and loads correctly now as it is working over HTTPS and pointed to Cloudflare.

Could you also confirm?

Screenshoot:

hi, so sorry for the late response. it is now working. thank you so much for all the help!

1 Like

the certificate is valid and the mode is flexible. it all seems to be fine as of now. is flexible not recommended?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.