Error 502 Bad Gateway Cloudflare Ray ID: 66afc2dc3cce16d1

Cloudflare Ray ID: 66afc2dc3cce16d1 • Your IP: 60.242.xx.xxx • Performance & security by Cloudflare

two A records: shanghai.panograms.com and panograms.com both return "Error 502 - “Bad gateway” regardless of how many times I reinstall Wordpress on Docker, delete cache, try from different computers, different browsers. I am at a total loss. Please assist or point me in the right direction… Thanks, M

Hi @maxmoore,

The 502/504 errors are caused by a problem connecting to an upstream server - meaning your server is trying to initiate a process and this fails to work as expected or times out. In most cases of 502 / 504 errors, back-end servers are not communicating correctly. When this happens, you will see color page with Cloudflare branding and the Error 502 Bad Gateway or Error 504 Gateway Timeout. Review this Community Tip for fixing 502 or 504 gateway errors.

If you pause Cloudflare, do the sites work OK with HTTPS?

Thanks domjh for your response.I paused Cloudflare but no success. Yesterday I installed Open Media Vault on a different server and it worked via Nginx Proxy Manager with A record on Cloudflare. But this morning, for no obvious reason and no change to settings it too returns 502 error and 526 error. Neither OMV on server one (Raspi4) and server two (Raspi4-as well) with Wordpress installed are reachable from LAN IP. Previously, the system worked fine, ie: Raspberry Pis vis a vis URL on Cloudflare DNS propagated from Domains.Google. But all changed when my router was turned off causing supply of new IP (Dynamic). However, I have since switched to static public IP populated this new address at Google which directs to Cloudflare, checked via ‘whatsmydns’ and I still can’t resolve this ‘upstream’ issue. Hmm… time to live in a cave, maybe.

Whew! No need to go back to the cave because I solved my 502 issue… anyone interested? I deleted my Cloudflare account, sent DNS back to Google and then reengaged Clouldflare DNS and waited the obligatory propagation timeline and then ‘boom’ no more 502 angst. Hooray! Case closed.

No, ■■■■! I raved too soon. Unbelievable, it has now collapsed… no interference for my end… what’s going on… Cloudflare??

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.