Error 1020 only on my laptop

I am getting this message only on my main laptop when trying to access websites.

I have tried other devices in my house and I do not get this error message.

I have tried changing the IP address including using a VPN without any success.

I have also cleared any cookies on my browser, still no success.

Checked my laptop for malware, found nothing.

Can someone please help me.

May I ask if the web browser is the same or different? (for example, using TOR Web browser on a laptop, but not on any other device)

Otherwise, are you using some anti-virus program like BitDefender?, or maybe Opera Web browser? (it has got tiny VPN extension implemented)

Websites, I assume few of them, and none of those are your own, correct?

If you get this error while visiting someone else’s website, I am afraid you cannot do anything. You can try to access it using a VPN or over a TOR, but I do not guarantee because it could also be blocked and restricted.

Obviously the website owner is using Cloudflare and security options available to him to protect his website from secific requests and for specific reasons.

The site can block for any number of reason, that’s up to them and not something this Community nor Cloudflare can do anything about.

Helpful articles about 1020 Access Denied error page can be found below:

1 Like

I used microsoft edge, chrome and firefox with no success.

I am only using the the default anti-virus that comes with windows.

Would reformatting my pc fix this problem possibly?

Unfortunately, I am afraid no.

Any websites? It looks like you can get to this one without issue.

1 Like

A lot of website I get the 1020 error. This website I had to do a bot test.

If you have a connection at any of the sites giving you the 1020 error, note the Ray ID and ask the site owner to search for it in their Firewall Events Log in the Cloudflare dashboard. It should show them the setting that triggered the block.

1 Like

Ok so I found the source of the problem.

I have a web filtering software called Qustodio that was causing this problem. I disabled it and now the websites work. I set it to only block adult websites but it seemed to cause problems with any website that utilizes cloudfare.

Not sure why exactly Qustodio is causing this problem.

1 Like