Error 1016 when moving from SiteGround

Hi, I used to have Cloudflare with Siteground but they obviously moved away from Cloudflare and introduced their own CDN. In all honesty, I was having a lot of trouble with their CDN and so I want to move back to Cloudflare.

I have gone through the stages of setting everything up and changed my nameservers but I am getting an Error 1016 on my website. You can see my A records and CNAME below (just put /web-address/ to substitute domain) - I am unsure what is wrong?

Thanks

|A| /web-address/ |points to 35.214.98.126||
|A| /web-address/ |points to 35.214.98.126||
|A| /web-address/ .|points to 35.214.98.126||
CNAME Cloudflare-resolve-to. /web-address/ . is an alias of /web-address/ .

A autodiscover. /web-address/ . points to 35.214.98.126
A autoconfig. /web-address/ . points to 35.214.98.126
A mail. /web-address/ . points to 35.214.98.126
A ftp. /web-address/ . points to 35.214.98.126
A localhost /web-address/ . points to 127.0.0.1

Sounds to me like your domain name is stuck in their SSL for SaaS integration or some kind of a hosting partner manner with partial CNAME setup :thinking:

Have you tried contacting Siteground support about this and to double-check this for you and possibly try to unhook your domain name from their setup/integration? :thinking:

Kindly, I’d suggest you to use the below article and the tool mentioned inside it to resolve your naked domain and www hostname with it. Below article describes more in detail about this issue, if that’s your case too as it sounds to me:

Kindly, may I ask you if you could use the tool called “Liberate the Hostname” from the article below and repeat the process using below tool for both www.domain.tld and naked domain.tl just in case:

Thank you for the reply. It suddenly is working but I don’t know if it’s just temporary. Is it worth waiting a little longer to ensure propagation? Or can you see something wrong in my existing CNAME and A records?

I say that… it’s gone again!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.