Error 1016 How to fix

How do I fix this error pls, I recently changed my dns to what Cloudflare gave me

Help pls

The error likely means you have a CNAME record set for www, but the target address does not resolve.

If your record is CNAME - www - naijakit.net.ng note that you don’t have a DNS record for naijakit.net.ng.

You can show a screenshot of your Cloudflare DNS records if unsure.

This is it

1 Like

What do I do from here

1 Like

this is the link naijakit.net.ng/

1 Like

Your problem is as I guessed…

So you need to create a DNS record for @ (naijakit.net.ng) that points to your host/server.

1 Like

How do I do that?

The same way as you created your other records. As here…

1 Like

It’s the same as my host, I just checked

See

If I’m unable to fix this after 24hrs I’d go back to my host dns … this is getting complicated

See what I’m talmbout

Your cPanel DNS settings are irrelevant, your DNS is managed by Cloudflare.

You still don’t have a DNS record at Cloudflare for naijakit.net.ng which is needed so the CNAME for www will resolve as that’s what it is pointed to.

Until you do that, it won’t work.

2 Likes

Should I give u my login details to check?

? Are u there

@bigklausxxx: No community member here is going to log in to your account to fix anything for you for obvious liability reasons.

You’ve been given all the necessary information to fix your problem.

To repeat what @sjr has told you multiple times already: get to your Cloudflare dashboard, open the domain in question (if you have more than one domain), navigate to your DNS screen, and add an A record pointed at your hosting server’s IP address (which seems to be 51.255.71.50 per your screenshot above.)

If you can’t follow these basic step-by-step instructions in the link you were provided to add the DNS record (see my screenshot below), then consider hiring a tech person (outside the community forums) to do this for you.

2 Likes

I’ve done that

My site is still blank

Flush your local DNS cache. Or just wait for the change to “propagate”.

I can see your site, as shown in the screenshot below.

1 Like

Oh it’s not displaying on mobile

1 Like