Error 1014 trying to dns cname to tebex.io webshop

Hi,
I’m trying to setup my dns with my tebex webshop.

I used the Netcup DNS before, but had other problems there and have now switched to Cloudflare. Here my SRV entries work perfectly, however, I now get an ERROR 1014 with the CNAME forwarding to my Tebex store.
I have tried to find a solution and have read that it is probably because Tebex also hosts at Cloudflare. That may be, but I must still have a way to redirect to their webshop if I also use Cloudflare. Can anyone help me?

Have you tried the Tebex configuration guide, that specifically claims to do it within Cloudflare?

https://docs.tebex.io/store/configuring-your-webstore/subdomain-and-custom-domain

Yes, I’ve done it exactly in this way.
Doing this in the netcup DNS worked fine. I don’t think the problem is the DNS is not setup correctly. It’s something about Cloudflare denieing the access to the tebex site.
At least that’s what I read from the error message.

Have been able to solve the problem.
On the tebex page of the setup I had specified the domain www.myexample******.net as domain for the setup.
I have now deleted all CNAMEs at Cloudflare and left only the store.myexample******.net in there, then set tebex just that subdomain as my “custom domain”. Works now flawlessly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.