Error 1014 CNAME Cross-User Banned /w Kajabi

Hi,

I have Problems with my Domain: Error 1014 CNAME Cross-User Banned. I tried to use a custom Domain for Kajabi.
Domain with Problems: theweddingacademy.de
Domain for Kajabi (that works): campus.theweddingacademy.de

I already sent an Mail to Kajabi Support, they solved the campus.theweddingacademy Problem, but not the CNAME Problem with theweddingacademy

My hoster is Domain Factory where I use different Domains. I also use the domain weddingsalescoaching.de, which I also use with a different Cloudflare Account and a different Kajabi Account. Is it possible that this is not working with free plan of Cloudflare? Or is there any other Problem which I can fix? Through Covid19 is there no opportunity to get a answer from Cloudflare Support for Free users.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Kathleen John

Edit: That are my DNS Records:

I suspect Kajabi do not support the naked domain, and you have to use a subdomain. Their documentation says:

In order to be able to access your Kajabi site without “www”, you will need to add a 301 redirect rule to your domain.

Is the custom domain in Kajabi www.theweddingacademy.de or theweddingacademy.de?

This is not related to your Kajabi issue, but the records for imap, pop, pop3 and smtp need to be :grey: or they will not work. Cloudflare does not deal with those email related protocols.

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your answers.

This is my custom Domain in Kajabi:

I already added the 301 redirect rule.

I changed the mail records and added the Kajabi records:

Error 1014: CNAME Cross-User Banned

Common cause

By default, Cloudflare prohibits a DNS CNAME record between domains in different Cloudflare accounts. CNAME records are permitted within a domain ( www.example.com CNAME to api.example.com ) and across zones within the same user account ( www.example.com CNAME to www.example.net ).

Resolution

To allow CNAME record resolution to a domain in a different Cloudflare account, the domain owner of the CNAME target must contact Cloudflare Support and specify the domains allowed to CNAME to their target domain. A Cloudflare Pro, Business, or Enterprise plan is required on the target domain for Cloudflare Support to change default CNAME restrictions.

is this why I use theweddingacademy.de in Cloudflare and campus.theweddingacademy.de in Kajabi?

I sent a ticket to Cloudflare Support.

So the resulotion would be: I upgrade to a paid plan and Cloudflare Support allows the CNAME to target domain?

Well I’m the US so it’s not just one country, but what happened? “You’ve requested a page on a website that is part of the Cloudflare network. The host is configured as a CNAME across accounts on Cloudflare, which is prohibited by security policy.” But maybe, that’s what it says in troubleshooting 1xxx errors

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.