Error 1014 - CNAME Cross-User Banned showing

Hello,
My website www.picassoartcontest.com is showing Error 1014 - CNAME Cross-User Banned since 7 days. The website is created on webs.com
The interesting part is that the website opens in some networks but it doesn’t in some other networks. I contacted WEBS they told that CLOUDFARE is their registrar.
The problem is arising in some Internet Service Providers of India.
I dont know what to do??
PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

The error message says it all already.

You created CNAME records for your domain which you point to hostnames which are on Cloudflare as well. That wont work. You could unproxy these records (switch them to :grey:), in which case the request should work, however your account settings wont take effect any longer.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply but, I use WEBS.COM for creating website which offers facility of drag and drop. Any correction in CNAME may be dangerous for the website. Moreover I am not getting any option to change orange to grey. Should I contact with WEBS.COM ??

Can you post a screenshot of your DNS records?

1 Like

Is it safe sharing screenshot ? can i send you in private message? any option?

You can redact the IP addresses if you like. Generally I would assume it should be possible to switch it to :grey: though.

Ehm, it would seem it isnt proxied to begin with. Right now it is loading fine -> sitemeer.com/#https://www.picassoartcontest.com/

1 Like

Actually the website is working fine in most of the internet service providers. But, in some ISPs (like REILAINCE JIO) in India, the website is not working.

Might be a DNS propagation issue. Check if the domain resolves correctly on these networks.

1 Like

How to check the domain resolves on these networks?

Run these two commands

ping picassoartcontest.com
ping www.picassoartcontest.com
1 Like

I used online domain propagation checker.
The result is as follow

That is not very reliable, you need to run it on the networks where you said it doesnt work and where you get that error.

1 Like

That is technical. How to run in particular network?
First of all I should run the internet connection in which the problem is there. Then what should be the next step? How to run
ping picassoartcontest.com

Well, you said you get those 1014 errors from those networks, so you must have access, right?

1 Like

Yes, I have that network. In RELIANCE JIO network the website is not working. I connected my laptop with RELAINCE JIO network. Now what is the next step?

You need to run the commands and post their output.

1 Like

Interesting that you resolve an IPv6 address. While that seems to be a Cloudflare address it is not the one your domain should resolve to, so my guess is aforementioned DNS propagation issue, in which case you could either try to clear your DNS cache or wait a couple of hours.

1 Like

Additionally you can also post the output of these seven commands

ping -4 picassoartcontest.com
ping -4 www.picassoartcontest.com
nslookup picassoartcontest.com
nslookup www.picassoartcontest.com
nslookup picassoartcontest.com 1.1.1.1
nslookup www.picassoartcontest.com 1.1.1.1