Error 1009 - newly assigned CIDR is in country XX - how to fix GeoIP?

Hi,

I’m trying to connect from a newly issued CIDR from ARIN, however Cloudflare consideres that new CIDR in country XX (Unknown/reserved), so the GeoIP entry for that needs updating.

Currently this is causing Error 1009 failures for sites that don’t allow access from Unknown countries.

How do I go about getting the GeoIP entry for this CIDR fixed?

Example failure (with IP masked)

Error 1009

Ray ID: 69e33f61081d332c • 2021-10-14 19:34:52 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (www.healthtrioconnect.com) has banned the country or region your IP address is in (XX) from accessing this website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 69e33f61081d332c • Your IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx • Performance & security by Cloudflare

That probably comes from MaxMind. You can certainly open a ticket here and see if they can get that database updated.

Humm, well Your IP Address's GeoIP2 Data | MaxMind shows correct country for the CIDR. How would I ‘open a ticket here’, there does not appear to be a way for users to submit tickets, only paying customers.

If you visit https://www.ip2location.com and which country did you see in the results? You might want to contact Maxmind or IP2Location to update the geolocation information.

1 Like

Both ip2location and maxmind are showing correct country, cloudflare is no longer blocking me either, so either the datasets were refreshed or someone fixed it.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.