Error 1001 Cloufare

I have recently bought a second-hand macbook due to my original laptop breaking. I have recently been faced with this error message below whenevr accessing certain websites such as food delivery websites, official government web pages, amongst many other variable sites etc… and not sure how to resolve at all. This is despite using various routers/internet connections in different locations - it seems to be an issue with this macbook specifically, as my other devices have no issues accessing such websites. Any help or assistance with this would be very highly appreciated!! P.S. not very big on computers so I apologise for any ignorance with regards to terminology or lack of knowledge in advance.

Thank you!

Error 1001 Ray ID: 5793ad62b8c2e664 • 2020-03-24 22:02:35 UTC

DNS resolution error

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website (rabb.it) that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (rabb.it). There are two potential causes of this:

• Most likely: if the owner just signed up for Cloudflare it can take a few minutes for the website’s information to be distributed to our global network.
  • Less likely: something is wrong with this site’s configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider’s DNS fails.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 5793ad62b8c2e664 • Your IP: 81.134.248.122 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

That error shouldnt be related to your local machine but to the site you are visiting, hence it would surprise me if you get this on a number of sites. Can you confirm that is what you actually intended to say?

The site in question rabb.it loads fine for me, respectively redirects to kast.gg.

Can we start with a screenshot of the full browser window where you get that response?

Hmm, rabb.it is not on Cloudflare to begin with. What do these commands return when you run them in the command prompt?

nslookup rabb.it
ping rabb.it
nslookup www.rabb.it
ping www.rabb.it

I wonder if you either have a messed up /etc/hosts file or some strange proxy application. Did you set up the machine from scratch?

Overall, however, that question is probably better suited for StackExchange and alike, as that does not seem to be Cloudflare related but rather an issue with your operating system setup.

This is the full-screen window as it appears. And yes, i do confirm that i get this same error across numerous different and unrelated websites. Many apologies, how do I best proceed with the second message command prompt. In terms of the machine, its been set up by apple Macintosh software and i havent had any involvement in that respect at all. Wasn’t sure how to best proceed.

You need to open a command prompt (or whatever that is called on a Mac :smile:) and run the four commands and post their output here.

That really looks like a local issue with that machine and you probably have it best set up from scratch again, should it turn out to be anything that tampers with your network requests.