Error 1001 but I did not search

I’m having a similar odd issue and can’t find support or documentation. When you go to digitallegacyfoundation.org it throws a Cloudflare DNS issue. Except we aren’t using Cloudflare and the DNS is with Godaddy. We used to be on Cloudflare but no longer but somehow there is a major hook out in cyberspace that keeps Cloudflare tied in. No idea how to clear that cache!

This is the error:

Error 1001

Ray ID: 6f8c2ec9785c9add • 2022-04-08 15:54:38 UTC

DNS resolution error

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website (www.digitallegacyfoundation.org) that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.digitallegacyfoundation.org). There are two potential causes of this:

• Most likely: if the owner just signed up for Cloudflare it can take a few minutes for the website’s information to be distributed to our global network.
  • Less likely: something is wrong with this site’s configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider’s DNS fails.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029779472-Troubleshooting-Cloudflare-1XXX-errors

The issue is that I am not using Cloudflare. I am using GoDaddy. But the site is still listing Cloudflare!

Then if you are not using Cloudflare, then the Community can’t help you here!

And with regards to the site still listing CF: Do you have the site paused in your CF dashboard?

If so, remove the domain from the dashboard!

It should then “de-list” Cloudflare!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.