Error 1000?

Okay, so I had to add a bunch of things to my dns records so I could get my email. Once I did that, my website disappeared and now i’m getting this error -

Error 1000

Ray ID: 698f6a914aad2d9a • 2021-10-04 15:24:17 UTC

DNS points to prohibited IP

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website (www.ebkjen.com) that is on the Cloudflare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system.

What can I do?

If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for www.ebkjen.com to resolve to a different IP address.

How do I fix this? I need my email and my website. I know which one is the issue, I just don’t know how to fix it.

It seems like you have the same problem both with and without www. To start with, I’m a bit curious about what the DNS configuration looks like. Since some parts, such as your origin server IPs, may be sensitive you might want to be careful about sharing that. I would expect a correctly configured record for your website to look something like this:

Type: A or CNAME
Name: www or @
Content: Your origin IP address, not a Cloudflare one. (Domain if CNAME)
Proxy status: Proxied (orange cloud symbol)

There are records returned for both www and the root of your domain, so you have something there. The question is if there is any kind of deviation from what I naively expect them to look like.

I don’t mind sharing it. I can’t imagine what would be sensitive on it. This is so out of my element. I’ve been having go daddy help me add some things because my email wasn’t working.

Right, it looks like Cloudflare is proxying to Cloudflare :wink: Looking at the A and AAAA records, they have a “Content” field pointing to Cloudflare IP addresses. What you really want here are your origin server IP addresses. The “Proxied” status means that Cloudflare will hand ot it’s own IPs to the visitor, and then Cloudflare will internally connect to your IPs in the Content field. So those should point to your web server.

Where do I get those? What do I do with them? I’m not computer dumb, but this is wayyyy over my head.

So the 104 are Cloudflare, the 172 is me? I need to put the 172 in the content where 104 is?

What you want to end up with is two records replacing the, currently, first 14 ones (A / AAAA). In the most basic website configuration, you need two A records: One for www and one for ebkjen.com (@) with the same IP address. Might sometimes be a domain name instead of an IP. Then it should be CNAME instead but let’s not worry about that right now.

The IP address you need is the one assigned to your server hosting the website. You can get this from your hosting provider. I see that it’s been a while since you moved to Cloudflare, but maybe your previous DNS host still has some old DNS configuration you can view to see what it looked like? Did you grab the email configuration from there perhaps?

Is this helpful?

Unfortunately not for determining the IP address you need. This is essentially a view of the current state of the domain with some historical information (like Hosting History) hidden behind account/paywall. Your domain is registered with GoDaddy - were you perhaps using their DNS feature previously? Are they still your hosting provider (hosting the website itself that you want Cloudflare to connect to)?

From what I understood Cloudflare is hosting it. It’s through Streamlabs Prime. They literally set it all up for me. I just linked my domain to it.

Right, they might actually be using Cloudflare themselves to provide the service to you. Then it might be a little more complicated than the standard DNS configuration I’m used to (I’m quite new around here). But no matter if you should use an IP address, domain name, or let them configure things for you, I think your best option is to ask Streamlabs then.

Okay, I will contact them. Thank you for your help.