Error 1000 on previously working site

I am getting the below error to a site that has been working for months, nothing has changed. The site A record is pointed to sportsengine and the IP appear correct and is not in the Cloudflare list of internal IPs.

Error 1000

Ray ID: 6dae1f81bb36e744 • 2022-02-09 15:27:39 UTC

DNS points to prohibited IP

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website (www.i90hockeyleague.com) that is on the Cloudflare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system.

What can I do?

If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for www.i90hockeyleague.com to resolve to a different IP address.

1 Like

Have you read the article?

Yes and I have checked my records. Maybe im missing something but I have one A record and its not a Cloudflare IP.

Do you have an AAAA AND CNAME record as well? As stated in https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019093151-Managing-DNS-records-in-Cloudflare for IP address resolution you must have at least 1 A, AAA, and CNAME record! If you do not have an AAAA/CNAME record, then that might be the cause of this whole issue!

I have an A and CNAME record, no AAAA as that’s not a setting for the host.

To clarify for future readers, this is not the case. You need at least one A or AAAA or CNAME, not one of each.

@cweinholtz I presume your case must be one of these then.

• Your Cloudflare DNS A or CNAME record references another reverse proxy (such as an nginx web server that uses the proxy_pass function) that then proxies the request to Cloudflare a second time.
  • The request X-Forwarded-For header is longer than 100 characters.
  • The request includes two X-Forwarded-For headers.
  • A Server Name Indication (SNI) issue or mismatch at the origin.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029779472-Troubleshooting-Cloudflare-1XXX-errors#error1000

1 Like

I have this exact setup but with my domain. I have no other cname or A records other than the 2 below.

Use the chart below to complete the following:

1. Find your third-party provider and use the login link to access your system.
  2. Use the CNAME Instructions Link to figure out where to update the CNAME and A records .
  3. Remove any existing CNAME or A records.
  4. Add the following 2 records making sure to use your custom domain name in place of “YourDomain”:

Has the provider changed anything recently, do you know? It’s a bit of an odd one but something must have caused it. I don’t think it’s the usual reason but there must be something wrong.

Dont know, I know my settings have stayed the same and I dont see anything pointing to Cloudflare directly. I will reach out to the hosting provider.

If you pause Cloudflare on the site does it all work as expexted?

You can pause Cloudflare from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare Dashboard, bottom right under Advanced Actions.

Does not appear to.

www.i90hockeyleague.com seems to be a CNAME to i90hockeyleague.sportngin.com and not sites.sportngin.com. That actually resolves to 104.16.223.243 and 104.16.222.243 which are Cloudflare IPs. The root domain redirects to that.

can try that but that hasnt changed on my side, that was the original setup. Thank you I will let you know.

I presume the provider started using Cloudflare themselves then.

1 Like

Thank you so much that was it. Would have been great for them to let me know the change and respond to my request from yesterday.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.