Error 1000 DNS points to prohibited IP (No DNS Records)

Hello, I tried to setup a cloudflare argo tunnel on my domain, but to my surprise I could not get it working as it kept throwing Error 1000, so I tried another domain that I own and it worked, both domains point to the same server and are used very similarly, I do not get why there is difference in functionality? I tried removing all DNS records from the non-working domain and the issue still persisted. All help I can find by searching points to someone using cloudflare IPs in DNS, which is not the case here as it doesn’t work even if I remove all of DNS records except the auto-created argo tunnel record.

I think this may be a bug in Cloudflare itself. If anyone can assist me, I am currently running cloudflare tunnel at: http://nextcloud.govindas.net/
(It gives Error 1000)

The DNS record for ‘nextcloud’ should be a CNAME that points to your special TUNNEL_ID.cfargotunnel.com hostname. Does it?

Yes, it points to TUNNEL_ID.cfargotunnel.com, I have double-checked it to be correct.

Has this domain ever been hosted somewhere that had their own Cloudflare configuration?

I do not know, but that is possible as the domain belonged to someone else in the past.

I suspect there’s another Cloudflare configuration for this domain that’s interfering.

Please open a Support ticket via email: support AT cloudflare DOT com

And then post the Ticket # here as soon as you get the autoreply.

Ticket id: 2270249

It looks like the ticket was marked as resolved due to me being on Free plan.

That’s normal, but I’ve put it in the escalation queue.

1 Like

In this case, Railgun happened to be enabled and causes a conflict when running alongside Tunnel.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.