Error 1000 - DNS points to prohibited IP addrs

Error 1000 Ray ID: 577249664a5e83d1 • 2020-03-20 20:47:09 UTC

DNS points to prohibited IP

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website (max-conversion .com) that is on the [Cloudflare](cloudflare. com/5xx-error-landing?utm _source=error_100x) network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system.

What can I do?

If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for max-conversion.com to resolve to a different IP address.

This is the error I get when I try and load up my website

Im not sure what to do in order to fix this.

A little background that may be of help is I had my site name servers to cloudflare then I switched because the guy that was holding the cloudflare account would not let me have access so I decided to swttch name servers. That is all I did and boom now this error pops up.

:wave: @kylewaters,

When Cloudflare imported the IP addresses in its scan some of the public versions of records pointed to Cloudflare’s edge IP addresses. You will need to point those to the actual origin where the server resides otherwise Cloudflare has no way to route traffic to your servers.

— OG

1 Like

How do I do that?

Your Cloudflare DNS entries should look like the ones at your web host. So check all the DNS records in your host’s control panel for what they should be.

2 Likes

When I make them the same, should I make both the ones in cloudflare the same also?

localhost should almost definitely be removed (there are some minor security implications, and you likely don’t need this record, but it was best practise years ago).

Change the Cloudflare records to match what your provider gives you. Since your provider gives you one for each of mail and the main domain, change one record in Cloudflare and remove the second mail and main domain.

2 Likes

Got it almost, just so I dont mess this up.

When I change out the ip address, for example should I change mail ip in cloudflare to 162.241.216.227 and then delete the second mail since there are two?

Yep. Your server has just the one IP address. No need for double-mail and double-domain.