Error 1000 but my host is also Cloudflare

My website is down with this error message:

" What happened?
You’ve requested a page on a website that is on the [Cloudflare]. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system.

What can I do?

If you are the owner of this website:
you should [login to Cloudflare] and change the DNS A records for gilcon.com.au to resolve to a different IP address."

Not sure how to fix it and who to contact as Cloudflare is my host, so I can’t find another IP address anywhere.

It’s currently set up like this:

I’m curious: what specific Cloudflare service are you using to host the website?

The most recent snapshot of your site from the WayBackMachine (taken October 30th 2023) shows the site was a WordPress site. But Cloudflare doesn’t offer any service to host WordPress sites at all.

So unless you’ve recently rebuilt your site to use something like Cloudflare Pages, then Cloudflare cannot be the host of your WordPress-powered website.

And if you’re using Cloudflare pages, then the DNS entry for your custom domain name will be a CNAME record pointed to your Pages subdomain, and not an A record pointed to a Cloudflare IP address.

So I guess that Cloudflare may not be the host of your site as you may think… unless you can provide any clarifying details.

From historical WHOIS lookup, I can see the domain swiched from one pair of Cloudflare nameservers to a different pair 3 days ago.

So it seems the domain was previously proxied on the Cloudflare network before you added it to your own account. So Cloudflare scanned the domain and imported the existing DNS records, including the proxied Cloudflare IPs – hence the “error 1000”.

Going back to Cloudflare being your host, are you trying to setup a new site using Cloudflare Pages?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.