ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS after enabling Cloudflare

Hello. Yesterday I changed the name servers to the provided one for my website: lubu.ai. I also activated all the suggested options (such as force https…).

Now the website is not reachable anymore, it says “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS”.

I’ve tried to “Disable Cloudflare on Site” but nothing changes.

Can someone help?

Make sure your encryption mode is Full Strict.

Thanks Sandro.

Now I have a new error:
Error 1000
Ray ID: 80312abedf5c2f57 •
2023-09-07 18:55:36 UTC
DNS points to prohibited IP

That should be unrelated to to the encryption mode.

I recommend to pause Cloudflare and clarify with your host if all your IP addresses are correct. Also check if your site loads on HTTPS. If it does not, contact your host.

Once it loads on HTTPS you can unpause and it should work. The important part is Full Strict, otherwise you have no encryption.

I already paused Cloudflare this morning. IP addresses are correct… Any other suggestion?

The IP addresses cannot be correct, because you only have “www” configured and that points to an invalid Cloudflare address.

Suggestions? ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS after enabling Cloudflare - #7 by sandro

1 Like

These are my IP address:

Type Name Address
A lubu.ai 172.67.xx.xx
A lubu.ai 104.21.xx.xx
A WWW 104.21.xx.xx
A WWW 172.67.xx.xx
AAAA lubu.ai xxxxxxx
AAAA lubu.ai xxxxxxx
AAAA WWW xxxxxxx
AAAA wWW xxxxxxx

I did not configure those manually.

Then you imported the wrong addresses and need to fix that.

Again ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS after enabling Cloudflare - #7 by sandro

The fact is that I did nothing else but changing the name servers. I don’t understand how this has happened, and I don’t know where to check this IP…

Again, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS after enabling Cloudflare - #7 by sandro

I clearly wrote that you need to clarify the addresses with your host, as only your host can know that.

So again, pause Cloudflare, clarify the addresses with your host, and configure whatever they tell you. Then proceed as already mentioned.

2 Likes

The only way I’ve seen that happen is if the account was already active on cloudflare and then added/moved to another account. When we did the record scan, we picked up those two Cloudflare IP addresses (the ones starting with 172. & 104.).

If the domain (zone) was active in an account you control, just log into that account, find the IP address of your origin server and update the records in your current account to those IP addresses. If you do not have access to that other account, then

You’re correct. Yesterday we transfered the domain from a different Cloudflare account, then this happened. I’m asking to the old manager to check the IP.

Thanks to both of you in the meantime.

1 Like

Perfect, you can share this link with them and it will land them on the DNS app, https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.