ERR SSL VERSION OR CIPHER MISMATCH being received, but Cloudflare says the Status is Active

Customers are getting this issue when they try to visit our website:

# This site can’t provide a secure connection

[website] uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

and I’m not sure how to fix it because Cloudflare says the Status is Active… any help here would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

Have you read that :point_up: Community Tutorial yet?

Yes I have, and followed the instructions, but according to the instructions it says everything should be fine since Status is “Active”

Can you share the name of the domain?

elisedarma dot co / launchvault

1 Like

Thank you, I do not see that error. Can you clear browser cache/cookies and try again? Alternatively, try from a mobile device or incognito browser.

1 Like

I agree, I do not see it and neither does the team I work with, but several people in my audience have emailed in saying they can’t access the page and that is the message they are getting, so not sure what I can do from here unfortunately.

1 Like

Cipher mismatch is the Chrome error, that’s what I’m using and I’d expect to see that error.

They may be seeing a cached page. You could ask them to clear cache & cookies and also suggest incognito mode. Let us know if those suggestions help and if the issues persist. Sorry for the troubles.

Alright thank you, I will let them know! Appreciate it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.