ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, tried everything

Hey there! I set up my domain to use CloudFlare 3-4 days ago, and yet, I haven’t been able to reach my subdomains, I keep getting “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR”.

My webhoster asks that the domain/subdomain points to their nameservers, so I did, using this configuration https://i.imgur.com/Uwe7eNy.png but I can’t seem to get it to work.

I have tried turning SSL off instead of flexible, I have tried turning TLS 1.3 off, I have tried turning Always Use HTTPS off, I have tried turning Automatic HTTPS Rewrites off, but nothing.

Please help me lol

When you point nameservers away from cloudflare (with your domain registrar, that’s the only way to do that), any of the setting changes you make won’t have an effect as cf is not active. If you had/have the same issue when not pointing to cf, that indicates the issue is with the origin.

I did a :search: for ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR #CommunityTip and found Community Tip - Fixing ERR SSL PROTOCOL ERROR. I’d check quick fix ideas 3 & 4 and take a look at your DNS records. Those shown in the image don’t matter and are not being used.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.