Err_Connection_Timed_Out Locked out of my website

Hello to anyone reading this.

I’m experiencing an odd error ever since I started using Cloudflare. I used to have my website on Hostgator and since they were a slow host I switched the nameservers to Cloudflare to speed it up.

Not long after, I was unable to log in on WordPress or surf my website at all. This is the error my browser presents me.

My website was reachable from other countries (I’ve tried with a proxy) but not from my home network or any of my devices. I’ve tried with my cell phone with mobile data, from different devices and browsers and the problem persisted.

I switched the nameservers back to Hostgator’s default and the problem went away immediately.

I’ve now switched to Siteground hosting and activated the CDN (decided to give Cloudflare another try) and the problem came back once again, it locks me out of my website for a few hours and then everything goes back to normal, in the very next day the problem comes back around the same time.

Does anyone have any idea of what I’m missing? This problem is annoying me beyond my soul and I can’t seem to find a solution, I’ve tried reaching Siteground’s support team and they couldn’t help me.

Thanks in advance.

That’s really strange, because when a site times out, Cloudflare puts up its own timeout error page. I’m not sure if your browser’s Dev Tools (F12 in Chrome) will show the IP address you’re trying to connect to, but give it a look.

(edited) was my fault

Now it’s back up like I’ve mentioned. I’ll have to wait for it to happen again (most likely tomorrow) to test.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.