Entire website not working due to SSL error: SSL is being activated for your account. Please wait

Hello,

I’ve an issue on the following website: https://www.parlour.amsterdam/. The website is not working anymore and the following message is displayed on the website:

SSL is being activated for your account. Please wait.

SSL is activated through the servers of CloudFlare and was working properly until last week. I cannot find a specific answer to this issue in the community.

Are you able to help me with this issue?

Looking forward hearing from you!

This information seems to come from your host origin / server.

Maybe, they have some automated manner of renewing SSL certificates?
May I ask you to inspect and contact them about issuing the SSL certificate for your Website?

Otherwise, I assume you would have to temporary Pause Cloudflare for your site or temporary switch from :orange: to :grey: to make sure the process could proceed, if so - in case of some kind of AutoSSL like cPanel or Let’s Encrypt, which cannot be renewed when the Cloudflare :orange: cloud (proxy mode) is enabled.

Was your Website working over HTTPS before moving to Cloudflare and do you know if you have had an valid SSL certificate?
Did it maybe expired in pas week or two?

Furthermore, may I ask you to check what kind of the SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain? (Flexible, Full, Strict ...)

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I contacted my hosting provider first and they said I need to contact CloudFlare.

There is an Automated SSL on the hosting, however we’ve been running the SSL on CloudFlare for over 2 years now and it was working fine. Before we moved to CloudFlare we did have a working HTTPS and a valid SSL certificate (Auto SSL).

Furthermore, I tried to to temporary Pause Cloudflare for the site and switch from :orange: to :grey:, this didn’t work either.

On CloudFlare we had a “Full” option selected as SSL. I tried different options now and nothing worked.

I am going to try te restore a back-up from a few days before the site went down. Maybe some plugin screwed things up. However, there is an issue with the auto back-ups now, so I need to wait until that works again.

Do you might have other suggestions?

Thanks again for the quick reply and have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Shanice

For this situation, I recommend the following:

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Yesterday I paused CloudFlare on Site and it didn’t work… But I was probably being very impatient. So I tried it again today, waited a bit longer, and with CloudFlare paused the website was working again! Also with a working HTTPS. Now I acitivated CloudFlare again and the website is still working.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.