Enabling APO WP plugin: bad request

Hi,

I just purchased APO and installed the WP CF plugin.

From the plugin I have applied the recommended settings and that went fine.
I’ve done a purge cache, no problem.
But, when I enable APO in the plugin I get an error message: “bad request”.

When I try to enable APO from the dashboard it first shows a green checkmark, but then shows an error:
speed.api.temporary_disable (Code: 10018).

I have a feeling it has to do with the API key, but the key is there. I’ve set it up as instructed.
Or, I’m just too quick and the PayPal payment hasn’t come through yet at CF

Any hints?

Thanks,

Rudi

3 Likes

Hi,
this problem exists currently IMHO since 1h.
And could be in relation with this context.

Regards,
Laszlo

1 Like

Seeing the same thing on my own site. Happy to provide server logs if need be.

Same here - APO won’t work - neither by trying in browser, nor in WP dashboard CF plugin. Would be happy to help and much happier to get help :))

Same issue here also.

I get this problem as well.

https://www.e-mj.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=cloudflare_proxy returns with a response of:

{“result”:null,“success”:false,“errors”:[{“code”:"",“message”:“Bad Request”}],“messages”:}

Any further debugging ideas to get APO activated will be greatly appreciated.

I just cancelled subscription as I can’t figure out the way to fix it

1 Like

After attempting to enable APO on our site today, we say the same “bad request” message, and then the APO feature automatically disabled.

I have a few screenshots that could be helpful.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 4.27.18 PM

Same issue here also.

The weird thing is, I activated this on another site last Friday and had no problems at all.

Thanks for posting these images. Hopefully someone from CloudFlare will see all of this activity and respond.

My first thought is that we possibly have a setting in our CF dashboard enabled that is conflicting with the APO plugin configuration. This could cause a property of the configuration object in the WP JavaScript client to fail initialization and that could possibly cause the error.

I’d be interested if other people are seeing a similar error in their JavaScript consoles.

I’m using litespeed cache and found out the APO was breaking functionality with my booking setup. After disabling it i have not been able to enable it again to debug.

Waiting for solution.

I’m not seeing console errors, but I do see this:

action ZONE_UPDATE_SETTING_ERROR @ 15:58:59.542

15:58:59.556compiled.js?ver=3.8.3:35 prev state

1. {activeZone: {…}, app: {…}, config: {…}, intl: {…}, user: {…}, …}

15:58:59.557compiled.js?ver=3.8.3:35 action

1. {type: “ZONE_UPDATE_SETTING_ERROR”, zoneId: “8123c8e7aa8fff097ae7f70f91231234”, setting: {…}}

2. setting: {id: “automatic_platform_optimization”, editable: true, value: {…}, modified_on: null}

3. type: “ZONE_UPDATE_SETTING_ERROR”

4. zoneId: “8123c8e7aa8fff097ae7f70f91231234”

5. proto: Object

Note: The zoneId’s above have been changed for privacy reasons

Oops - I replied to the top level, not this comment. See below.

Yes, I am seeing some similar messages. These appear to be Redux reducer messages to update the state of the React application, given that I am reading them correctly.

An example is attached.

I also have this problem. It is a new feature. Maybe they are already doing maintenance and fixing bugs.

@yevgen tried enabling APO via WP plugin and like everyone else getting bad request error for the request to /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=cloudflare_proxy with postData (according to saved HAR file)

"postData": {
            "mimeType": "application/json",
            "text": "{\"value\":{\"enabled\":true,\"cf\":true,\"wordpress\":true,\"wp_plugin\":true},\"cfCSRFToken\":\"4765af****\",\"proxyURL\":\"https://api.cloudflare.com/client/v4/zones/ZONEID/settings/automatic_platform_optimization\"}"
          }
1 Like

Having the same issue. Spoke with support and their engineers are working on it. It’s been 6 hours since I’ve received that message and the issue persists. Hopefully, it gets fixed soon.

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

Apologies to everyone who’s experiencing this issue. I can confirm that we’re looking into this and we’ll provide an update as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience!

Best,
Philip

9 Likes