Enable and Disable Argo Smart Routing anytime

Hi all i have plan for testing Argo Routing for our Cloudflare business plan, its possible Enable and Disable Argo Smart Routing anytime ?

Follow @eva2000 method .

Sorry i will acknowledge this and try to give correct information NEXT TIME

You can toggle/enable/disable/re-enable Argo for testing but do not cancel your Argo subscription as a way of disabling it as you’d be billed each time you cancel Argo subscription and re-subscribe to Argo see https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000224192-Billing-for-Argo

Enabling Argo in the Cloudflare dashboard initiates a USD $5.00 monthly charge. After transferring the first gigabyte of traffic between Cloudflare and your visitors, you are charged an additional USD $0.10 per gigabyte.

Toggling Argo on/off via the Traffic app in the dashboard will not cause multiple charges.

However, you will be charged multiple times if you cancel then re-enable your Argo subscription in the Subscriptions section under the Billing tab.

Don’t do @Neeraj_1 method for testing as you will end up being billed each time you re-subscribe to Argo subscription.

2 Likes

@eva2000 thanks

1 Like

You’re welcome. If you’re testing and evaluating if Argo is worth using, might want to read my post at Cache everything + argo doesn't work - #5 by eva2000 as to what you should be measuring for Argo improvements which is server response time (TTFB) and not page load times.

2 Likes