Empty DNS record responce

Hello, everyone!
Some domains return empty response to nslookup.
$ nslookup confluence.bop-tech.ru 1.1.1.1
Server: 1.1.1.1
Address: 1.1.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
*** Can’t find confluence.bop-tech.ru: No answer

In the dashboard i can see this particular record, but when i try to edit or delete it, i end up with “The record does not exist. (Code: 81044)” error.

This is flickering case, it happens with random record during the day for several minutes. Right now all records are working.

Records are added automatically by external-dns inside our kubernetes cluster.
What can cause this? Is it problem on my side or not?
Thank you!

Well, right now it appears to work.

nslookup confluence.bop-tech.ru 1.1.1.1
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    confluence.bop-tech.ru
Address:  ***.***.***.***

Next time it does not work can you also try to query the authoritative nameservers directly to rule out issues with 1.1.1.1

nslookup confluence.bop-tech.ru alan.ns.cloudflare.com

Only “added” or “removed” as well?

Could it be the records get removed by the API while you have it open in the dashboard?

If you can rule out all of that maybe open a support ticket and support can shed more light on it.

Thank you for an answer!

Next time it does not work can you also try to query the authoritative nameservers directly to rule out issues with 1.1.1.1

I have been doing this when i’ve noticed the issue. From all servers i’ve got same response.

Only “added” or “removed” as well?

Record are removed as well, but i’ve checked logs and nothing there about removal of records. And further i can say that if record is removed, then response is not ‘no answer’, but ‘nxdomain’

If you can rule out all of that maybe open a support ticket and support can shed more light on it.

Yea, I’ll try to open a ticket.

Based on that I wonder if this might be simply a general DNS issue at your end. Can you try to resolve other names at the same time?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.