Emails to Gmail stopped working

Hi, been using Cloudflare free DNS for a long time and never had this issue. I have all DMARC, SPF1, DKIM set up and never had issues with it until this week. Some users started to report not delivered emails, all of them were Gmail users. Looked the server logs and got this:

in.l.google.com[7x.1xx.1x3.2x] said: 550-5.7.26 This message does not have authentication information or fails to 550-5.7.26 pass authentication checks. To best protect our users from spam, the 550-5.7.26 message has been blocked. Please visit 550-5.7.26 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more 550 5.7.26 information.

Using SMTP from my hosting company everything runs well but when using phpmailer with cloudflare settings Gmail issues pop up. Only Gmail what makes me believe something is wrong in my cloudflare settings related to some recent gmail update or something. Nothing has been changed, and I’m not sending spam only normal registration emails with links to confirm, also confirmed that I’m not listed in spam lists and MxToolbox tests all say everythings fine. I’m in a dead end

Is the return address of your mail from a @gmail (or your own G-Suite domain) address?

Hi, Don’t have any g-suite address is godaddy email account with my own domain

Can you use that phpmailer to send a test message to the address shown at mail-tester.com?

There was something there mentioning server authentication, looked for that error on google and ended up in /etc/postfix/main.cf and changing the hostname seems to have done the job, don’t know why that hostname wasn’t set since I’ve never changed such file nor the server had any updates. Anyways setting the hostname for the domain name seems to have cleared it all and now emails not bouncing back :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.