Emails not working

Hello,

emails from 2 of my domains are not working (not receiving and sending) - I tried all suggestions I found on the help pages but the problem still persists.

When checking DNS on Cloudflare only notification I get is this one: “Some of your DNS only records are exposing IPs that are proxied through Cloudflare. Make sure to proxy all A, AAAA, and CNAME records pointing to proxied records to avoid exposing your origin IP.” But this shouldn’t cause any problem I guess.

Do you have any idea how to fix this, please? Many thanks, Kamila

Email not working when you set invalid MX record. Nothing related to A Records or Cname…
Check and validate MX records for that domains and try again.

Note also that whatever issue you have with your MX affects the receiving of e-mails.

However, sending e-mails is independent of that, and largely independent of Cloudflare as well. Without knowing which e-mail server you use (e.g. postfix) and all the relevant configuration, it’s hard to know where or what the problem might be.

Thanks for your reply. I realised now it’s a problem with Outlook only, the emails being delivered/send on my server without a problem, but not working only in Outlook. I didn’t change any setting in Outlook. Are there any special settings for Outlook when using Cloudflare? I couldn’t find any solution.

Hi @user5310,

Just make sure that the server name you have configured for Outlook to send/receive through is one that is set to :grey:. If you have it set to example.com, try setting it to mail.example.com and make sure you have a DNS record at Cloudflare called mail that is :grey: and not :orange:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.