Emails not working after moving to cloudflare but showing in hosts spam filter

Hi Everyone,
I added a clients website to cloudflare today, Pro account so updated name servers.
His website is hosted with Siteground and the emails are on a different server.
All I did was change the A record to point to siteground and left all the other DNS setting and now no emails are being recieved.

Strangely enough they seem to be showing in the spam filter on the email host. But are not being delivered to email client.

Why Wait
Don’t wait for an answer! Find it fast! This search :search: at the top right answers most questions:

#CommunityTip error

Example Search

#communitytip 521 error

Can you share what your MX and SPF records look like, or the domain name?

Are you saying that mails are being sent from your clients domain, but received as spam?

I would suspect an SPF record that includes “a” record option, which would be invalid if the hostname is :orange:

Thanks for your help, I will get everything you need, Host support was really poor and my main client had no emails all day, its been a real big nightmare for his business. It should had been a smooth transition :frowning:

v=spf1 +a +mx include:_spf.wphosting.com.au +ip4:192.254.250.174 ~all

The top A record points to his new website on Sitegrounds server.
The 103.37.8.114 IP is WPHosting, they host his email.
Only reason we didn’t move email as well as he has over 15 gig and Siteground doesn’t allow mailboxes that large.

Every test message I send to his email bounces and replies the following error message:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]

host absolut.net.au [35.213.134.157]

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:

550-103.37.8.10 is trying to deliver mails directly to absolut.net.au. Please

550 deliver mail to the address specified in the MX records for this domain.

However it shows in the “Spam Experts” Log.

Does your MX just scrub incoming email and forward clean mail to a smart host of some kind where your mailboxes are? The line in the message should not be possible:

host absolut.net.au [35.213.134.157]

From what you said the 35 address is siteground, and not providing email hosting. Do you know how that address is ending up in your logs?

I got it fixed, I knew it was that dam SpamExperts app… Bypassed that and set mx records to deliver directly to host and not domain and my client has emails again… Thanks for wanting to assist mate!