Emails from "Kevin Chen" in Chinese - legitimate?

I have a number of Cloudflare accounts, and recently some of them began receiving emails from “Kevin Chen” ( kchen @ cloudflare.com ), in Chinese. Some of these emails are replies to previous emails.

The unsubscribe link uses a 3rd party “orlima .com” which is using AWS - a bit suspect?

Are these legitimate emails? There’s no way that anyone other than CF would know the account email addresses.

Yea, got a lot of email from that mail, and i can’t unsubscribe it

Sorry for the issue here, we are investigating. Was there any opt out option included with the email @viettdann?

1 Like

I’ve click opt-out everytime i got that mail, and still still received that unwanted mail

1 Like

There is a tiny unsub link, as mentioned in my OP, which links to orlima .com

When I’ve clicked it, the server response is json:

{“message”:“Invalid Signature”}

1 Like

Thank you and sorry for the issues. I spoke to Kevin and have verified the email is authentic and I asked him to investigate why your opt out wishes were not respected. If you login at dash.cloudflare.com and navigate to your profile, at the bottom of the page you can set your communication preferences/opt out. LMK if you run into any issues.

2 Likes

I too have received some emails in Chinese, however, in my case they are coming from cfmarketing.

2 Likes

I don’t want to opt out of those though; as an investor I want to receive those emails so I have a better idea about the Cloudflare product, and really, that is not the issue.

The issue is that, for me at least, I’m seemingly included in a chinese language mailing list that I shouldn’t have been and I cannot opt out using the link in the email. I dont know how or why I would be included in Chinese language mailings, but I would say that is the issue.

It’s not a big deal, but it doesnt seem to be something I can stop without opting out completely, which I do not want to do.

2 Likes

Do you have invited admin access to any other Cloudflare account? Check the emails headers to see if you’re CC’d in with any other email addresses. I haven’t received Chinese mailings but did receive some CF rep reaching out asking if they can help better utilising the Cloudflare Business plan features. Then I checked the email headers and they CC’d me into one of my client’s email addresses registered to the client’s Cloudflare account as I am an invited admin managing their account.

1 Like

Hi, no I dont, I do have multiple CF accounts that are each configured the same, and 3 received these emails while the others did not.

1 Like

How can he send email to me while i didn’t select any of “Communication Preferences” ?
as Rocketesta, I dont know how or why I would be included in Chinese language mailings while i’ve opt out everything?

1 Like

We are investigating internally. I do see you are opted out @viettdann. We are pausing these emails while we investigate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.