Emails From Contact Page Fail Authentication

My email is hosted on protonmail, and my WP site is on a shared host. I’ve managed to get the email working since connecting to Cloudflare, except those sent from the contact page. Is this because it’s coming from a different server?

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with receiving emails sent from WordPress website and in your inbox while using Cloudflare for your domain.

Kindly, see below suggestions and tips for troubleshooting.

Usually, the MX record should point to a hostname such as mail , and the A (or CNAME ) type record for that hostname should be set to :grey: (DNS Only).

Just in case, may I suggest checking below article if your e-mail records (usually the A mail and the MX record) are configured properly while you are using Cloudflare for your domain name:

Hm, it sounds like your shared hosting is not allowed to sent out e-mails, otherwise it’s using sending via a proxied :orange: hostname (DNS record)? :thinking:

Otherwise, you might be missing the shared hosting IP or hostname in your TXT/CNAME record, if you have configured the SPF? :thinking:

I’ve experienced some issue too some time ago, but from then I am using below plugin for WordPress. May I suggest you to try below plugin as far as it works perfectly for WordPress, just configure it to use your e-mail provider with the credentials:

Thank you for replying! I do have WP Mail SMTP. I tried changing the mailer, but that hasn’t helped.

The only reference I have in my DNS records to the webhost is an SRV record. Do I need a second SPF record?

I believe my MX record is correct.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.