Email Worker to Forward to Multiple Emails

I am trying to use an email worker to forward from 1 email address to a few gmail accounts. Below is what I have and when I test it in the code editor it works; however, when I send from a real email account (after deploying) the delivery fails in my CF activity log and I get the following message returned to the sending account.

Email Message:

The response from the remote server was:

521 5.3.0 Upstream error, please check {link here} for possible reasons why.

Code:

export default {
  async email(message, env, ctx) {

const allowList = ["[email protected]"];

if (allowList.indexOf(message.headers.get("to")) == 0) {
      await message.forward("[email protected]");
    }
  }
}

Tail your email worker.

You can use Wrangler tail from the CLI or go to Workers → your worker → Logs → start log stream.

Once you’ve got your worker running, send an email. Your email should appear as an event, and you should see the error it is giving.

If I had to guess, do you have every one of those gmails addresses as verified destination addresses within Email Routing?

1 Like

Did you find the problem?

This works

const emailsMap = new Map([
  ["[email protected]", ["[email protected]", "[email protected]"]]
]);

export default {
	  const recipients = emailsMap.has(message.to) ? emailsMap.get(message.to) : [];
	  const promised = [];
	  recipients.forEach(recipient => {
		  promised.push(message.forward(recipient));
		  console.log(`Email forwarded to: ${recipient}`)
	  })
	  await Promise.all(promised)
	}
};
3 Likes

I have found this also appears to work. You must have the forwarding addresses already authorized destination addresses.

export default {
  },
};

Just to add to the above comment, If you have a list of addresses you wish to forward, if an above email-address is not verified (or authorized), the script will throw an error (as seen in the “Manage Worker” view), and doesn’t continue running the script to forward the email to other addresses.

1 Like