So I recently decided to give the email service a try. While it seems nice for some use cases, it didn’t quite meet what I was looking for so I decided to disable it and start running my own mail server. After setting everything up and not having any issues with MX records for a week, I noticed that Cloudflare started automatically adding the MX record for their service, despite the service being disabled (and had been disabled for a good week). As a result, Cloudflare hijacks my MX domain from my managed email service.
Unfortunately, from the above screenshot you shared, those are the two A type records and not MX type records.
It’s a difference. A mx.yourdomain.com is not the same as MX yourdomain.com.
You’d have to adjust your DNS records.
Firstly, remove both A mx.
Secondly, add new MX type record pitz.tech pointed to mail.pitz.tech.
Therefore, add new A type record mail pointed to the IP and (DNS-only).
Usually, the MX record should point to a hostname such as mail , and the A (or CNAME ) type record for that hostname should be set to (DNS Only).
May I suggest checking below article if your e-mail records (usually the A mail and the MX record) are configured properly while you are using Cloudflare for your domain name: