I created email routing, but the Routing Status in Email Routing configuration summary page stuck at “Syncing” for almost two hours. Is there anything I can do to get the status out of “Syncing” to make email routing work? Thanks.
I’m having the same problem right now. In the screenshot below, you can see where it says “Syncing”. If you hover this badge, it displays “Email Routing is enabled, and it’s syncing with Edge. Your emails will be routed after it’s synced.”
I must admit that I’ve never seen it be (or stay) at “Syncing” like in the screenshot.
So from OP’s initial post, I was, as mentioned thinking it was an email client (e.g. Thunderbird, K-9 Mail, or so), likely due to some sort of incorrect configuration or misunderstanding of how the Email Routing would work.
For that extended information (including the other thread), I’d go as far as to say the same as mentioned here:
Other people have seen 550 5.1.1 Domain does not exist email rejections for a (little) while, while the configuration have been syncing to the edge.
I would go as far as to say, that the Routing status “Syncing” is supposed to indicate that this syncing is still is ongoing, and that you need to wait for that to succeed, instead of just expecting that the inbound email routing would work right away.
Mine ended up changing to “enabled” but I am still not receiving any emails. After awhile Gmail sent back the error:
The response from the remote server was:
451 4.3.0 No available upstream. lkNg882xialc
I have tried using the custom address as well as the catch-all feature that Cloudflare provides. Both does not work. I have tried another email forwarder’s catch-all feature and it works perfectly so I assume this is an issue with Cloudflare.
One thing I noticed is that if I change the destination to a yahoo email, the forwarding works fine. But if the other email forwarder (simplelogin) works with my mail server, I don’t see why cloudflare doesn’t work.
The other emails in the Activity log has since been cleared and is now empty but previously they all said Forwarded when it routed to the yahoo email
Looks in this case like Cloudflare may not be falling back to the direct A/AAAA record(s), if the MX record(s) aren’t formatted properly, or otherwise defective.
A couple of other issues, at least, if you send messages directly from that machine:
Reverse DNS (PTR) for the IP address is currently 195-141-140-158.myrepublic.com.sg, which looks dynamic/generic.
→ Ask your provider, MyRepublic Ltd., to change it to “mail.nojellyo.net”.
TXT (SPF) record for “mail.nojellyo.net” is currently “v=spf1 a mx ip4:188.8.131.52 ~all”.
Since the MX record literally points to the A record, that again points to the mentioned ip4: directive, you’re literally authorizing the same IP address three times.
→ At the bare minimum, remove “a” and “mx”.
→ Preferably, also consider the strictest policies, where possible, e.g. “-all” instead of “~all”.
#1 will definitely cause email rejections, if you send messages directly from that machine.
Haven’t yet seen rejections for #2 (e.g. duplicating content) though, but that could just be a matter of time, before mail server admins might start with additional sanity checks there as well.
my email provider is gmail, and I use email routing only for routing incoming emails. the last time i configured it was last year, and back then, it didn’t require me to communicate regarding the same with my email provider.