Email Routing Delivery Failed

i have no way to submit a request unfortunately as don’t have any support option. so my only hope it they will look at this community post but that seems useless since others have posted over 24hr ago and still not fixed. :frowning:

yep,Same Problem

host route3.mx.cloudflare.net[162.159.205.24] said: 521 5.3.0 Upstream error, please check Postmaster · Cloudflare Email Routing docs for possible reasons why. UmlsaPHfmAmy (in reply to end of DATA command)

same problem for any sender to any forwarder. been down for more than 24hr and cloudflare doing nothing to fix. let alone have no ability to open ticket. :frowning:

the whole cloudflare email forwarding service has been down for more than 24hr for any sender.

A short term solution I found is to create a Gmail account which forwards all emails to your outlook email.

I have a email worker which first tries to forward to Outlook. If that fails, then send to the backup Gmail account. Gmail will ultimately forward it to Outlook.

I’m also sending all emails to a slack channel so that if all forwarding fails I at least have the message contents

I moved all my domains E-mail forwarders to forwardemail. There has been too many issues with the E-mail forwarding here.

1 Like

How did you do that? All my domains are registered in 60 days and cannot transfer to another registrar…

I just moved the E-mail forwarding functionality. DNS and Registrars are all the same still.

2 Likes

All mail routing went down at once - blocklisted on mailserver - Spamhaus for …cloudflare.net

This exposes the risks and side-effects of a single point of failure - thankfully, I only use for personal use - and also, now know, to never to use CF mail routing in production environment :confused:

Can you show the code of the worker please!

Your solution works, thanks!

1 Like

If email is critical to you right now I’ve moved to ForwardEmail temporarily, effects of a single point of failure on CF’s part are leading to a prod-level product being down so :stuck_out_tongue:

Here you go! Consider the slack audit log optional

import PostalMime from 'postal-mime';

export default {
  async email(message, env, ctx) {
    const slack_webhook = "https://hooks.slack.com/services/xxx"
    const outlook_email = "[email protected]"
    const gmail_email = "[email protected]"

const email = await PostalMime.parse(message.raw);

const from_email = email.from.address
    const to_email = email.to[0].address
    const subject = email.subject
    const body = email.text

console.log(`Received email from ${from_email} to ${to_email} with subject: ${subject}`);

// Send email contents to slack via webhook for auditing purposes
    await fetch(slack_webhook, {
      method: 'POST',
      headers: {
        'Content-Type': 'application/json',
      },
      body: JSON.stringify({
        text: `Received email from ${from_email} to ${to_email} with subject: ${subject}\n\n${body}`,
      }),
    });

// Forward email to outlook
    try {
      console.log(`Forwarding email to outlook`)
      await message.forward(outlook_email);
      console.log(`Successfully forwarded email to outlook`)
      return
    }
    catch (error) {
      console.log(`Failed to forward email to outlook : ${error}`);
    }

// If outlook forwarding fails, try gmail
    try {
      console.log(`Forwarding email to gmail`)
      await message.forward(gmail_email);
      console.log(`Successfully forwarded email to gmail`)
      return
    }
    catch (error) {
      console.log(`Failed to forward email to gmail : ${error}`);
    }

await fetch(slack_webhook, {
      method: 'POST',
      headers: {
        'Content-Type': 'application/json',
      },
      body: JSON.stringify({
        text: `Failed to forward email from ${from_email}`,
      }),
    });
  }
}
1 Like

Probably removed from Spamhaus.
Delivery has been restored in my environment.

most smtp routing errors resolved but still receive failures due to throttling. i have now abandoned cloudflare as horribly unreliable and embarrassing. cloudflare outage still not 100% up after more the 48hr.

Once again, I was unable to send emails - low and behold - a quick check revealed; ‘cloudflare-email.net’, back on blocklists …