Email Routing blocks inbound from new domains purchased through CF

I’ve set up email routing on several new accounts using domains purchased from GoDaddy without any issues. Recently, bought two domains on CF and then did the same to set up email routing for those. Unfortunately, all inbound emails are blocked with the error:

“Unknown error: transient error (451): 4.7.1 : Data command rejected: [domain name] is too new, temporarily blacklisted - RLR813”

This has persisted over the last 24 hours to no avail. Support ticket raised with CF and they are still looking into it.

Looks like there are problems with domains purchased through CF and my advice would be to purchase them elsewhere if you need them to work right away.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to Cloudflare Community, sorry to read you are having issues.
We apologize for the inconvenience and any observed delays, however I’ve made sure that this issue was properly escalated to our Engineering team and will be addressed ASAP.

We will provide you an update through your ticket once we have further developments.

48 hours later and email routing still doesn’t work on our CF domains. I appreciate the previous response but we’ve had no update from tech support in the last 24 hours and we’re beginning to wonder when this will be resolved.

Is the error from Cloudflare or from your email provider? Are you using Fastmail by any chance?

1 Like

Ah. Now that you mention it, I am using Fastmail. And it might be the Fastmail servers rejecting instead of CF. I’ll do a bit more digging.

One of the forwards just got through a short while ago so things might be looking up.

Have you seen this happen before with Fastmail?

Yes, it’s an error Fastmail returns, exactly as you pasted it. Which doesn’t mean no one else does, too, but I can’t find it from anyplace else.

Ok - this IS a Fastmail issue. Apologies for dragging CF into it but I thought it had to do with CF. It looks like Fastmail puts a 48-72 hour block on new domains. Very annoying!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.