Email Routing Bi-Directional

Will the new email routing product support using your email aliases to reply to email as well (like with this setup in Gmail Send emails from a different address or alias - Gmail Help)

That would make the email routing product awesome when trying out a new idea and spinning up a small site before you want to invest in having a dedicated email for it but while you still want customer communications to look official.

1 Like

The blog post is pretty clear that this is just a forwarder to an address you can verify. Doing the reverse (outbound mail) is ripe for a heap of abuse.

If you’re looking for customer communication, it’s not too much to ask to spend the $5/month for a standard email account.

2 Likes

It would be nice though. I have been looking at Microsoft solutions, Zoho solutions, but they are all too much. What outlook.com offers is enough for me, but I would prefer to use it with my own domain. I don’t need sophisticated Azure bells and whistles. I don’t even want to see it. The same with Zoho, even if you subscrobe to a basic paid mail, all the extra products are still there in the menu.
What could work though is if Cloudflare had an smtp server. Or a server that could be added to your own DNS records, eg an SRV entry?

Otherwise what’s the point of receiving routed emails, when you are still sending it from the address that is behind the routing.

1 Like

I’m sure they put a lot of thought into this and made a business decision to offer this specific service.
For free.

For $3.75/month, you can get something like mxroute.com that does all of what you want. And that sure as heck is an amazing bargain.

Tried a few options, apparently ImprovMX has a really respectable deliverability, and it has both incoming and outgoing, not the cheapest though, but still acceptable.