Email Routes not updating

I needed to reconfigure a custom address to use a new Gmail so that a particular program can read the email that is sent to that address, so I created the Gmail and then verified that new Gmail as a destination address. Then I set [email protected] from a primary Gmail to a second Gmail however when I sent a test email, it sent the mail to the primary Gmail, I checked my settings and confirmed I had set the destination address to the right email. I thought disabling the destination address would update it. I sent a test email to see if it would drop to try and identify the issue, however, the email was still forwarded to the primary Gmail. Nothing I do routes the email to the second Gmail.

Hi there, I’m sorry to read that you are experiencing difficulties.

It’s possible that Gmail is de-duplicating the email since you’re sending a test email from the same Gmail address you’re forwarding to. To test the email routing properly, try sending an email from a different email address or use an online service to send the test email.

1 Like

I don’t think that is the case, I should have mentioned I was initially sending test emails from a third yahoo mail email. But that doesn’t matter as the expected behavior is sending an email from primary Gmail to second Gmail, I don’t want it routing to the primary Gmail.

Can you confirm the Email Routing feature is enabled?

Enabling Email Routing adds the appropriate MX records to the DNS settings of your zone in order for the service to work.