Email Not Working (DNS/MX Issue)

Our website is hosted at Cloudways and is working great. Our email on the other hand is hosted at HostGator (108.179.248.93) and is not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a screenshot of our current records.

Any DNS records needed for email like mail need to be :grey: as Cloudflare will not proxy SMTP connections.

1 Like

I just turned off the ‘proxy’ for the A record ‘mail’ record. See below.

Good question. “Webmail” is a web page and can be left as :orange: Proxied. If the webmail app is configured correctly, it will be connecting to your ‘mail’ hostname for sending and receiving email.

1 Like

Thanks guys! Email is working :wink:

2 Likes

Any idea why Webmail is not connecting?

According to the DNS you shared earlier that is not the address for your webmail. You showed it at the root of your webmail subdomain, but really that is a question for hosting provider, not Cloudflare. :wink:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Should the ‘webmail’ record point to ‘mail.myqualityflooring(dot)com?’

I have no idea. Like I said, these are really questions for your hosting provider. We cannot know the right answer. Since it has nothing to do with Cloudflare, we are only able to make educated guesses based on the DNS records you shared. They may turn out to be correct, but they are still guesses.

Have you tried loading the webmail hostname in your browser as it is? When I used it, I was taken to a cPanel webmail login page.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.