Email not sending "Relay access denied" 554 5.7.1

I have a domain name through namecheap.

Proxied through cloudflare.

I recently purchased an email through namecheap as well. But every time I try to email myself from gmail or outlook, I get failure responses.

“The response from the server was 554 5.1.1 recipient address rejected: undeliverable address: host mail-outgoing.relay-fef.svc.cluster.local[10.27.8.67] said: 554 5.7.1 relay access denied in reply to RCPT TO command”

I followed the guide here

Add 2 mx records, a srv record, a txt record and 3 cnames.

Untitled-5

Everything looks fine to me…

I dont see an edit post button so I guess I have to reply.

Guide says " 4. Check that all the records are added and wait 30-40 minutes for the records to propagate: "

Its been 3 hours.

Another page said make sure the mail records ARENT proxied. I originally had them proxied but its been about an hour since I turned proxy off.

Something else I just noticed.
Instead of using email I just texted my email address from my phone.
I was able to receive that.

But when I try multiple gmail addresses from multiple devices and multiple networks as well as an outlook email address and a mailgun SMTP server address, they all fail. Im so confused.

That error messages indicates that you have a valid mail connection, but the server is rejecting your messages. You will need to contact that server’s mail admin to find out why.

Hi there,

Your setup is correct but you forgot to delete a few old MX records. This is what I saw on your server now:

20 eforward5.registrar-servers.com.
15 eforward4.registrar-servers.com.
10 eforward1.registrar-servers.com.
10 eforward2.registrar-servers.com.
10 eforward3.registrar-servers.com.
10 mx1.privateemail.com.
10 mx2.privateemail.com.

you should delete all other MX records in cloudflare except mx1.privateemail.com and mx2.privatemail.com

Why? Because you original buy the domain in namecheap, they have built-in email forwarding which set those records:

20 eforward5.registrar-servers.com.
15 eforward4.registrar-servers.com.
10 eforward1.registrar-servers.com.
10 eforward2.registrar-servers.com.
10 eforward3.registrar-servers.com.

Then once you add private email, you didn’t delete them. so now it has 2 systems that are receiving your emails. When you are testing from your phon, you get lucky and it goes to mx1.privatemail.com or mx2.privatemail.com and you can see email. But when you try from other, they are routed to eforward3.registrar-servers.com etc, and those server rejected the emails because you are no longer use namecheap DNS.

Thank you

This fixed it.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.