Email is Down Need Immediate Assistance

My email is down and I need immediate assistance. My domain and emails were with Site Dart. Site dart sold my domain to Exact Hosting and my emails to Cloudflare. Exact Hosting did an update in March and which knocked my emails offline and domain went down. I got the updated records to get my domain back online but they said I need update my mx records with you to get my emails back active. I have been trying to get this resolved for weeks and I can’t go any longer without my email please help this is affecting my business

Cloudflare only offers email forwarding and not a full email service so your email won’t have been moved to Cloudflare.

What is the domain?

1 Like

Your domain was been added to Cloudflare on 2023-02-16. If you don’t have the Cloudflare account details, you need to find out who set this up for you.

Your DNS records indicate your mail is hosted by Site Dart Hosting…
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?bd61e027ab714a14abcfb6f54160e524#dns-mail

If your email is no longer with them, then you need to find out who it is and what settings need to be set in your Cloudflare DNS (once you have access to the account).

If all else fails, you will need to take control of the DNS by changing the nameservers at your registrar (Enom) to a new Cloudflare account, or another DNS provider.

1 Like

I am not Cloudflare staff, just a user, so have no special access to anything about you or your account. That tool just looks up public DNS records using your domain name, which are available to anyone.

2 Likes

Cloudflare does not have an email service (other than forwarding) so Cloudflare does not have your email.

Cloudflare is a self service platform (even for enterprise customers) so you need to log in to your account to change the MX records yourself. If you don’t have access to the account, try these or find out who set up Cloudflare for you…

If those don’t work then you’ll need to do as I said above and move the control of the DNS to another Cloudflare account or DNS provider.

2 Likes

Thank you I will continue down the rabbit hole because there is no other info in my account but my domain which owned by another company. I don’t see where to update the records thru Cloudflare

:point_up: That is all a very good indication that this statement is the solution to the issue :point_down:

1 Like

Thanks I will be moving it from Cloudflare

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.